Reflecting on 2014’s #CMworld with TopRank’s Lee Odden
At the largest content marketing conference in the world, over 2,500 attendees from 50+ countries converged on Cleveland, Ohio in 2014 to learn about all things content marketing. TopRank Online Marketing, has been involved with CMWorld since day one: presenting every year for the past 4 years as well as helping to market the conference through influencer eBooks. Saying they’re big fans of the event is an understatement. As it happens, their CEO, Lee Odden presented on the topic of influencers and content marketing.
Source: TopRank Blog
We had the pleasure of attending last year’s Content Marketing World, and seeing Lee’s influencer presentation first hand. If you missed it or you haven’t seen it yet, here’s your chance to learn some great tactics.
Lee, an expert in all things content marketing, is also known as a marketing pioneer – which is why he was a very early adopter of influencer marketing strategy. I’m always looking to him for insight. Here were some of my favorite Lee tips and tidbits from last year’s #CMworld – I can’t wait to see what knowledge he unleashes this year!
- 85% of consumers seek out trusted expert when considering a purchase.
- 6 steps to co-created awesome with influencers include:
- Goals for content marketing should include: creating value, building thought leadership, generating engagement, and developing real relationships.
- A brandividual is popular. An influencer is effective at creating popularity.
- Work with an influencer, they’re friends for a day. Help someone become influential, and they’re a friend for life.
For more great Lee insights, check out the rest of his presentation: