The Top 10 Most Influential CMOs – Who are Also Moms
Mother’s Day spending in the US is expected to reach $21.4 billion this year, according to research¹. The upcoming holiday provides opportunities for retailers and marketers alike, as it’s a great excuse for the most creative, heart-warming marketing campaigns².You might recall such campaigns as Samsung’s #textsfrommom or Coca-Cola’s ‘inseparable’ film.
Besides the predictable marketing hype, there’s something meaningful to take a moment to think about: moms themselves! Whether you are honoring your own mother, mother figure, mother-in-law, or anyone special in your life who tugs at those heartstrings, it’s important to recognize the mothers out there.
While I’m a content marketer by profession, I have lofty aspirations for my career. It can be overwhelming to find the path to get there, so I look to innovative leaders for inspiration. With iconic leaders like Sheryl Sandberg who have ignited the conversation around career-focused women who also raise families with children, it’s clear you can find some balance to have it all. You can have anything you aspire to achieve, you just need to go for it.
Given the timely holiday, I thought it would be appropriate to recognize a few of the most influential CMOs, who also happen to be moms. I pulled this data from our “Marketing Executives” project within Traackr. The project contains 500 of the top CMOs and marketing executives. Out of those 500, the following women are the top 10 most influential CMOs or marketing leaders who also happen to be moms (reflected in their twitter profiles).
- Meagen Eisenberg – CMO, MongoDB
- Marisa Thalberg – CMO, TacoBell
- Kristin Lemkau – CMO, JPMorgan Chase
- Heather Deason Zynczack – CMO, DOMO
- Shannon Duffy – VP Marketing, Pardot, Salesforce
- Lauren Crampsie – CMO, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
- Lauren Wagner Boyman – CMO, Morgan Stanley
- Morgan Flatley – CMO, Gatorade & Propel, PepsiCo
- Gail Galuppo – CMO, Aflac
- Ann Simonds – CMO, General Mills
Make sure you follow these influential ladies on twitter, if you’re not following them already. I hope you enjoy your weekend, and Happy Mother’s day to all the influential moms out there!
- Mother’s Day Spending to Reach $21.4 Billion This Year. eMarketer, 29 Apr 2016. Web. 6 May 2016.
- Olson, Adam. The six most creative Mother’s Day ads. Campaign Live, 8 May 2015. Web. 6 May 2016.